An Appalachian Summer by Ann Gabhart

#An Appalachian Summer#  by Ann Gabhart is a Christian historical fiction book.  Ann Gabhart  won the Selah award.  She has written Shaker novels and many other  novels. This story  takes place in  Louisville, Kentucky and the Appalachian Mountains. The time period is  the  harsh  economic  down  turn  in   1933.  The  economic  down turn was a difficult time   for people  .  Their money disappeared quickly in the stock market.   The  Frontier nurses were  making a huge difference in the Appalachian Mountains. . It is wonderful  the  nurses were  able to make  a difference for the people in the mountains. The  nurses  went to  the patient's  homes and cared for them in a personal way.  They went the extra mile for  those in need.  This book was very inspiring and   also  romantic.  I know  these tough economic times   made people discouraged and I am  sure  the nurses  were a light in the darkness.  The   settings and characters are so well described.  Thank you to  the author , publisher, netgalley for allowing me to read and review this book.  The opinions are my own.  I  look forward to sharing my review on facebook, netgalley, Amazon, Bookbub, my blog and with church staff. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secrets of the Heart by Tracie Peterson

Preparing to Meet Jesus